If you wish to participate in Paddle Trails Canoe Club events, here are the things you need to know:
Event Participation Responsibilities and Etiquette
· Trip coordinators are not professional guides, they are volunteering their time. Be nice to them.
· Consumption of alcohol or recreational drugs is not permitted while boating during club events.
· Know the driving time to the intended meeting location and be on time.
· Offer to help with the shuttle.
Registering and Cancelling
· Sign up for events at least 2 days prior to the event, preferably on the website’s event’s calendar.
· You may register by calling or emailing the coordinator but please register if you can.
· If you need to cancel, let the coordinator know as far in advance as possible.
· PFDs are required while on the water.
· Helmets are recommended for all river trips and required for rivers over class II.
· Drysuits are recommended for much of the year.
· Equipment must be in good condition and suitable for the type of event (if you’re not sure, ask the coordinator).
· Bring a throw rope and know how to use it.
Check out the club's Handbook for more information